Through nearly 500 artworks of original art, sketches and concept art starting from the legendary Steamboat Willie and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to Frozen and the latest Moana, this show will focus on the moment when life is given to the characters. It will aim to discover “The Magic of Animation” that was brought by Walt Disney and his animators’ imagination, innovation and the technology that made it all true.
- The Art of Disney - The Magic of Animation
- Saturday, April 8 - Sunday, September 24 2017
- 10:00-17:00 (Entrance closes 30 minutes prior to museum closing time)
Every Friday, Saturday, day before a public holiday and Obon (August 10 to 15), opening hours are extended until 21:00
- * Last admission to galleries is until 20:00, and last admission to museum shop is 20:30.
- * During the night-extension period, the permanent exhibition will be open until 17:00 as usual. For the visitors visiting during the night opening hours, the permanent exhibition can be seen until September 24th by bringing the checked-off temporary exhibition ticket. Before heading to the permanent exhibition, please exchange it to the “current ticket” at the 3F general information desk.
- Every Tuesday except May 2, July 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan)
2-3-6 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064
- Access to Miraikan
- ・Tokyo Waterfront New Transit YURIKAMOME:
5 minute walk from "Fune-no Kagakukan station" /
4 minute walk from "Telecom Center station"
・Tokyo Waterfront Area Rapid Transit RINKAI LINE:
15 minute walk from "Tokyo Teleport station"
- GENERAL INFORMATION BY TELEPHONE
- 03-5777-8600 ( Hello Dial )
- Admission（tax included）
GENERAL ADVANCE PURCHASE Adult
(Ages 19 & over)
￥1,800 ￥1,600 Junior
(Ages 7 to ages 18)
￥1,200 ￥1,000 Junior
￥1,100 ￥900 Child
(Ages 3 to ages 6)
- * Also valid for the Permanent Exhibition.
- * Free admission for 2 years old and under.
- * Free admission for those in possession of a Disability Book and one accompanying person.
- * Advance tickets on sale from Wednesday, February 8 – Friday, April 7, 2017.
- * During crowded times, number tickets will be issued and entrance regulations may be applied.
- Organized by
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan), Nippon Television Network Corporation, The Yomiuri Shimbun, WOWOW INC.
- Supported by
- TOKYO WATERFRONT AREA RAPID TRANSIT，INC．
- Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
- JAPAN AIRLINES, Nippon Express Co., Ltd.
- Special Cooperation
- The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd.
- Presented by
- The Walt Disney Animation Resarch Library